Re: [ccp4bb]: how to prepare images for submission?

Hi

> I'm preparing some color images for structure paper submission. However, there is still not satisfactory solution for producing images of required resolution.
>
> Any image croped by snapshot on the SGI work stations only has a resolution of 72 dpi, making it unrealistic for futher processing or direct submission. Trial-and-error photography of these images displayed on the screen using the best film-loaded or digital camaras suffers a lot from the over-saturation of local white regions and the white margines of imgview or imgworks, and terrible distorion of the image by the screen.

First it would be more helpful if you specify what software you are
using to generate the images.

For most programs, It would be best to obtain postscript output.  If
that is impossible, blow your image up to full-screen, then take the
snapshot, then import the snapshot into showcase and shrink it down.
That will give an effective resolution several fold better than 72 dpi
when printed out.

Wai
Yu Wai CHEN, Ph.D. ..................   email:ywc@mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
 Centre for Protein Engineering,             tel:+44-(0)1223-402148
 MRC Centre, Hills Rd, Cambridge CB2 2QH, UK fax:+44-(0)1223-402140
 WWW homepage: http://www.mrc-cpe.cam.ac.uk/~ywc