[ccp4bb]: how to prepare images for submission?

Dear all,

I'm preparing some color images for structure paper submission. However, there is still not satisfactory solution for producing images of required resolution.

Any image croped by snapshot on the SGI work stations only has a resolution of 72 dpi, making it unrealistic for futher processing or direct submission. Trial-and-error photography of these images displayed on the screen using the best film-loaded or digital camaras suffers a lot from the over-saturation of local white regions and the white margines of imgview or imgworks, and terrible distorion of the image by the screen.

Could any person give me some tips about this issue?

Thanks in advance. I'm a new comer here and not sure whether this topic has been covered before.

Sincerely Yours,

Yong TANG
A doctorate student at:
Division of Structural Biology
National Lab of Biomacromolecules
Institute of Biophysics, Chinese Academy of Sciences
15# Datun Road, Chaoyang District
Beijing 100101, P.R. China
Tel: 0086-10-64888511
E-mail: tang@moon.ibp.ac.cn