Re: [ccp4bb]: how to prepare images for submission?

On Mon, 18 Jun 2001, Yong TANG wrote:

> I'm preparing some color images for structure paper submission. However, there is still not satisfactory solution for producing images of required resolution.

two packages i would recommend for publication figures are Setor and
Molscript. Setor, which unfortunately only runs on SGIs, put out raster
screen images but also has an auxilliary program "Setorplot" which allows
Postscript output which looks good when rendered at any resolution.

Molscript also allows for Postscript output, and also will supply input
for Raster3D. Raster3D can output images of any specified resolution in
several formats, depending on what libraries are linked.

Setor can display electron density maps. Molscript itself won't but you
can display maps either by using the altrered version "Bobscript" or the
accesory program "Conscript".

cheers,

"We are each of us responsible for the evil we may have prevented."
                                                - James Martineau
                        David J. Schuller
                        modern man in a post-modern world
                        MacCHESS, Cornell University