Re: [ccp4bb]: refmac5 with new ligands

Huiying Li wrote:

> I ran refmac5 on a protein struture refinement with a new ligand
> involved. I have created library file for the ligand through refmac5
> (new.lib) and read it in using LIBIN keyword. However, refmac5 kept
> stopping after checking through the new ligand with message:
>
> New ligand has been encountered. Stopping now
>
> even though I have included both keywords, MAKE CHECK 0 and MAKE
> NEWLigands Noexit, in the input script. Am I still missing something that
> would make refmac5 accept the new ligands?
>
> Helps appreciated.

When you create new ligand description first thing should be done is

to check descriotion carefully. I found using sketcher (ccp4i) helps.

Then if you are satisfied you use refmac5 with

MAKE CHECK NONE

Then it should work

Regards

Garib

Garib N. Murshudov, Chemistry Department, University of York, U.K.
Tel: Home +44 (1904) 42 62 87, work:  +44 (1904) 43 25 65