[ccp4bb]: Reducing the size of a FreeR-set

Dear all,

I'm trying to reduce the FreeR-set of one of my files from 10 % to 5 %.

To be politically correct and keep half of this original set for further
refinement my first idea was to generate a second FreeR-column with
'uniqueify -p 0.5'. I thought that this should select half of my original
FreeR-reflections as double-flagged. A few conversion, grep and awk steps
should give me the desired new FreeR-set, I thought.

While I now have a script that is technically doing the steps described
above my initial assumption of getting half of the reflections
double-flagged turned out to be wrong. Of the original say 15000 FreeR
data, approx. 14300 got the double flag (0.00       0.00) and only 700
don't (0.00       1.00). I am obviously missing something
distribution-related here I think.

Does anybody know how to split a FreeR set? Is there a standard procedure
in CCP4 that I have overlooked?

Thanks in advance,

Wulf

-----------------