[ccp4bb]: beryllium fluoride-ADP, summary

Hi again,

Thanks to all for the many reponses. This is a summary.

1) Do you really want to work with this? It is VERY Toxic! Well, I must say
I'll think it over again after all the warnings.
Maybe Aluminium Fluoride is a good alternative.

2) BeF2 can be purchased. Three companies have been mentioned to me,
Alfa-Aesar (Germany), Interchim (France) and Strem (US).

3) BeF2 more often is made by adding proper quantities of BeCl2 and KF (or
NaF). The extra KCl (or NaCl) in the drop should not worry us! OK, fair
enough. At least I won't have at least 5 grams of BeF2 left in our chemical
storage after this experiment!

Thanks again!

Flip

---<>-------------
Flip Hoedemaeker Ph.D
Einsteinweg 55
2333 CC Leiden, The Netherlands
Tel +316-5245-1106
Fax +31-71-5274357
This message is sent in confidence for the addressee only. It may contain
legally privileged information. The contents are not to be disclosed to
anyone other than the addressee. Unauthorised recipients are requested to
preserve this confidentiality and to advise the sender immediately of any
error in transmission.