Re: [ccp4bb]: Grasp/electrostatic surface

The free SwissPDB Viewer (a.k.a. "Deep Blue", <http://ca.expasy.org/spdbv/>) can also calculate electrostatic surfaces and export them for pov-ray or megapov rendering. It can calculate a coloumb or a poisson-boltzman surface. In addition, you can also generate ribbons, balls & sticks, and spheres all in the same scene and all can be exported for povray or megapov rendering. The calculations are slow, but the surfaces are very nice (when ray traced) and can be made semitransparent. I would recommend at least a fast machine and a gig of memory. I have no idea how big the molecules can get, but you may want to give it a try. Though driven by a gui, the program is not very intuitive, so read as much of the manual and the tutorials as you can.

James
 James C. Stroud
 University of Colorado at Boulder
 Boulder, CO 80309

 Tel: 303-492-4503      Fax: 303-735-1347