Re: [ccp4bb]: oops2 vs PyMOL non-flame war

lothar esser wrote:

> On Sun, 9 Dec 2001, David J. Schuller wrote:
>
> > now, if i could just get PyMOL to build and run on my Linux system, i
> > would give it a try.

Hi,

I found it was trivial to instal PyMol on a Windows machine (either 2000 or
XP) and that it runs so quickly - even on an old 350MHz AMD K6 with no
additional graphics card -  that, for the moment, this might be the thing to
do.

I can predict the responses this notion may provoke, so I'll premept them by
saying 'yes, yes, I understand all of the arguments against using Microsoft,
but for the meantime, its nice to be able to use a long-in-the-tooth PC at
home for something more than e-mail.'

Cheers,

Gerry

---