[ccp4bb]: CCP4 for linux

>Hello. Does CCP4 compile with gcc3 and the Intel
>compilers? Thanks.

>Ho-Leung Ng
>UC Berkeley

Hello:

CCP4 has compiled for me with the gcc-3.01 suite of compilers, no
problems observed, without the new thing from Kevin Cowtan.  I had
problems with truncate (and others) when compiling with gcc-2.96 (bad
problems like the program compiled and thought it was running properly
but gave an incorrect output).  I should mention that this was with
Mandrake 7.2/8.0/8.1 (all work), which I believe to be less buggy than
Red Hat.

Cheers,
Jason Thomas Maynes
MD/PhD Program