Re: [ccp4bb]: Refmac vs. cns

Mohamed Rafi wrote:

> Dear all:
> May be this is an oldie but..
> I refined my structure using Refmac5 and CNS using the same set of Rtest
> reflections. Always, Refmac5 gave a lower R-factor compared to CNS using
> max likelyhood refinement. Has anybody else noticed this? Why would this
> occur?
> Thanks
> Rafi

 I am sure we would like to say that this was because refmac is better -
and of course it is.. BUT the R factor within a few decimal places  you
get is very much a function of your scaling algorithm and at low
resolution the two can differ quite a lot....

 Just for comparison - do you have resolution? did you use bulk solvent?
TLS? etc etc..