Re: [ccp4bb]: Stereo problem with Octane-2

> This is not really a CCP4 problem but I bet there are a few people out there
> who may know the answer.
>
> We recently upgraded our graphics Octanes to Octane-2's.  Everything works
> fine on them except the stereo.  We have Crystaleyes systems but as soon as
> the stereo option is selected in Xtalview or O we get a split screen
> (vertical/horizontal) or the program crashes.  I have a feeling this is
> probably due to an operating system patch that's needed.  If anyone has come
> across this and found a solution I'd be grateful to hear from you.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Eddie Snell
>
> Telepathy: 42.2 GHz       Mobile:  256 653 8677
> Heisenberg was probably here!

  Hi,

    I remember that we had similar problems. The solution was to set the
screen resolution and color depth to DX 1280x1024_96 Frame buffer depth to
16. You may want to do this ( as root ) /usr/bin/X11/xscreen and select
/save the above values. If this does not help you might need to upgrade
the operating system but in my experience anything above/equal 6.5.11
should work. Also this is valid of course only for V6 cards. If you have
anything else all I can suggest is to try different settings.

Good luck.

 Lothar