Re: [ccp4bb]: ccp4bb - map calculation

On Thu, Feb 28, 2002 at 08:41:44AM -0700, Bart Hazes wrote:

> kuppan gokulan wrote:
> >
> > ***  For details on how to be removed from this list visit the  ***
> > ***          CCP4 home page http://www.ccp4.ac.uk         ***
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > I want to calculate Fobs * FOM / e PHIC : map from my x-ray diffraction
> > data. Also I want to average this using known NCS matrix. Can any one
> > suggest any programs which do this? Please suggest me in this regard.
>
> Like Eleanor I don't quite understand what kind of map you are trying to
> calculate. Fobs*Fom/E sounds strange, what would its physical meaning be?
> For averaging, you basically want to start with your best map coefficients. If
> you do need to do some math to get the proper amplitudes then SFTOOLS allows
> you to do that as Eleanor indicated. You can use the CCP4 FFT program to
> calculate the map but, while you're at it, you can also use the FFT command
> within SFTOOLS to do the same and save the map in CCP4 format.
>
> Bart

Dear Bart (and Eleanor),

     I have the feeling that the "e" (lowercase) in the original
message goes with PHIC and is simply a shorthand for  exp ( i * PHIC ).
This interpretation has a higher prior probability than one involving a
division by an E value.

     With best wishes,

          Gerard.

     * Gerard Bricogne                     gb10@GlobalPhasing.com  *
     * Global Phasing Ltd.                                         *
     * Sheraton House, Castle Park         Tel: +44-(0)1223-353033 *
     * Cambridge CB3 0AX, UK               Fax: +44-(0)1223-366889 *