Re: [ccp4bb]: Problems with SCALA

On Mon, 4 Mar 2002, [ISO-8859-1] Tim Grüne wrote:

> Hello,
> I had problems with mosflm as well, with data probably from the same
> beam-line, ID29. XDS worked fine with me though, changing the setting of
> the pixels and pixel size w.r.t. to the sample XDS.INP they give on the
> web page of ID29. XDS did not work with the settings they suggest:
>

> NX=2048 NY=2048         QX=0.1024 QY=0.1024 ! ID29 ADSC Q210 CCD-detector
>
> I don't know, whether mosflm could have similar problems, if it reads the
> settings from the header, it shouldn't.
>
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > 	I have recently collected data from crystals containing 90 Se-Met in ASU
> > > from a protein forming an hexamer in Space Group P21. Data were collected
> > > at ESRF with a CCD ADSC Q210 detector at 2.5A resolution.
> > > Spots looked very good and a complete data set was collected at the SE-Peak
> > > Wavelength.
> > > I used MOSFLM for indexing and everything looked pretty good.
> > > But when i started SCALA everyting went WRONG !
> > >
> > > I don't understand....

Mosflm should read the pixel size from ADSC Q210 images okay (the values
QX and QY above); depending on how old the version of Mosflm is at ID19
(of course, I _should_ know!), it should also work with Q210 images just
by giving the "DETECTOR ADSC" keywords without all the other stuff (e.g.
NX, NY above) in the example mosflm_Q210.inp file on the ID19 web page
(though really old versions won't).

Harry
--
Dr Harry Powell, MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, MRC Centre, Hills
Road, Cambridge, CB2 2QH