RE: [ccp4bb]: Re: (fwd)

> In a data set of bragg intensities collected at room temperature
> there is nothing that justifies an assumption that the
> disorder is static, as
> well as there is nothing that justifies an assumption that
> the disorder is
> dynamic. However, at very low temperature it is clear that a
> double conformation
> is static.

Really?  I like to think of a crystal as more like jelly than ice, at
the atomic level, with plenty of vibration even at lN2 temperature,
albeit less than at room temp.  Certainly this has to be true when
you're frying it with X-rays, otherwise crystal decay would stop after
you turn off the beam:  even if the radicals are passed around by
bucket-chain, there still have to be movement.

Now I can't say I've actually *modelled* it....  he was quick to add.

phx.

the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not
delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be
guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be
contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any
errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a
result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please
request a hard-copy version.