Re: [ccp4bb]: NFS Performance

One more potentially relevant data point.
We have had recurring problems with denzo/HKL2000 running on
a linux box but accessing image files on a volume NFS-mounted from
a Tru64 server.  Other programs, even disk-intensive ones, do not
seem to trigger the problem - but I don't recall that arp/Warp has been
monitored for this setup.  In our case the problem shows up on the
server end (Tru64) as well as the client end.  I'm not clear on whether
that is the same as the case you are reporting or not.

I have wondered if the problem is triggered by application programs
using mmap() to access large files rather than normal read/write/seek
calls.  I'm not sure how to test this without source code however.
Does bonnie test mmap access?

--
Ethan A Merritt       merritt@u.washington.edu
Biomolecular Structure Center Box 357742