[ccp4bb]: If you have or are considering a Powermac G4 dual processor, some bad news

Hi:

Because I have been a proponent of crystallography on OS X and a
slobbering mac fan, it is with sadness that I found that the processor
error I have that has turned my machine into an expensive paperweight is
a widespread problem.  My machine will be down at least a month while
waiting for backordered processor replacements, and it sounds like the
horrors may not end there.

cf:     http://chemistry.ucsc.edu/~wgscott/screwed_over.pdf

or
http://discussions.info.apple.com/webx?128@251.HFAWaEeFbST^36964@.f02d7ab

I'm sure glad I kept my SGIs and linux pcs.

Bill Scott