Re: [ccp4bb]: CCP4 and Bourne Again Shell

Hi,

quick fix: edit your ccp4.setup-bash file and make sure that
$LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set/extended to include $CLIB in the list of paths
(which is probably done in your csh setup script).

more elegant fix: compile CCP4 by passing "-rpath $CLIB" to the loader
(see 'man ld'). This tells the binary where also to look for shared
libraries. This can be done under Linux by adding "-Wl,-rpath,$CLIB"
to the command line arguments of g77/gcc (see 'man gcc' for -Wl
flag). All other loaders I came across have a similar option (mostly
-rpath, and you're using the GNU ld under Linux for most compilers
anyway). And all (?) compilers have options to pass arguments to the
loader. See your various man pages.

Cheers

Clemens

PS: would be a good option to add to the configure script?

On Thu, Apr 25, 2002 at 06:03:19PM -0400, Wolfram Tempel wrote:
> Hi all:
> Did anybody experience the following using the BASH shell (Redhat
> 7.2-x86)?
>
> > . ccp4.setup-bash
> > f2mtz
> f2mtz: error while loading shared libraries: libccp4.so: cannot open
> > ls $CLIB
> ccif           data    libccif.a   libccp4.a   rxdispencer
> cif_mmdic.lib  lapack  libccif.so  libccp4.so  src
>
> The problem occurs with (all?) other ccp4 programs.  No such problems
> under a c-type shell.  Does anybody have a sugestion on how to fix this?
>
> Many thanks!

> Wolfram Tempel                       Fax: +1 (706) 542-3077
> Postdoctoral Associate               Work: +1 (706) 583-8271
> The University of Georgia;Biochemist Internet: tempel@sgx3.bmb.uga.edu
>
> Additional information:
>
> Last Name:	Tempel
> First Name:	Wolfram

* Clemens Vonrhein, Ph.D.          vonrhein@GlobalPhasing.com
*
*  Global Phasing Ltd.
*  Sheraton House, Castle Park     Tel: +44-(0)1223-353033
*  Cambridge CB3 0AX, UK           Fax: +44-(0)1223-366889