Re: [ccp4bb]: Molrep, chapter 2

Hi there Scapin, I have encountered precisely the same problem as u did. But
thank goodness, I believe I have the memory problem figured out. What I did
was to do the rotation and translation functions separately, and I set the
limits in
'main_molrep_mtz.f' as shown below :

PARAMETER ( MEMORY  = 100 000 000 )
~
PARAMETER ( NCRDMAX = 10 000 000  )

The second parameter has to be increased as u increase the first parameter,
otherwise u will get another error message that says u have an insufficient
number of atoms. As for the RESMAX thing, I think u need to remove the SIM
and COMPL cards and control it using the RAD card. The RESMAX card per se
does not work at all. To speed up your calculations. U can switch off the DOC
and especially the SURF card if u have a big molecule. Just fix, orient and
polyalanise the model before u start and that saves at least an hour of
computer time.

best regards
Tommy Wang