Re: [ccp4bb]: Summary of Replies: Data Reduction for mosaic crystals...

> Here are all the responses to my questions! Thank you very much.
> Raji
>
> Questions:
> I am working on a dataset where the crystal has a very high mosaicity - my
> estimate is ~2.0 or more. I have had to take 0.1deg frames during data

Since I am a bit dissapointed that I failed to provoke a good discussion
with my last answer on that one, but I still find it interesting,
I will rephrase my last mail as direct questions and wait for some lively
discussion:

If you DO have crystals with 2.0deg mosaicity:
1. Am I alone thinking Raji did *not 'have had'* to take 0.1deg frames ?
    Besides the good ideas offered for really processing the data,
    does fine phi slicing improve anything for *very mosaic* crystals ?
2. Do people get good maps out of such datasets ?
3. Have people solved non MR structures out of >1.5 def mosaicity data ?
4. Whats at the end the minimal meangfull phi slice to get as fucntion of
mosaicity ?
5. Any tricks peopel want to share with us for reducing mosaicity (annealing?) ?

    Tassos

P.S. Sorry for continuing this non-ccp4-directly related discussion but I really
think we can
learn from some comments of people that had similar experiences with very high
mosaicity - its a problem everybody has seen at some time or the other !

--
NKI, Department of Molecular Carcinogenesis
Plesmanlaan 121 1066 CX Amsterdam NL