Re: [ccp4bb]: Thermal ellipsoid drawing

On Thursday 20 June 2002 07:55, Ajit Basak wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> Back in old days, I have used ORTEP - for drawing thermal ellipsoid,
> but it is long time and I could not remember whether this program can
> handle more than 4000 atoms - if not could someone tell me the name
> of the program/programs that I can use for my protein molecule.

The Raster3D component rastep
	http://www.bmsc.washington.edu/raster3d/html/rastep.html
can be used by itself or as back-end to the interactive programs
XtalView, Molscript, and ORTEX
More info on all of these at
	http://www.bmsc.washington.edu/raster3d/raster3d.html

Also if you just want a quick trial you could feed your PDB file to the
PARVATI validation server, which among other things will create a
thermal ellipsoid figure of your entire protein along with individual
representations of residues with suspect ADPs.

	http://www.bmsc.washington.edu/parvati/parvati.html

--
Ethan A Merritt       merritt@u.washington.edu
Biomolecular Structure Center Box 357742