Re: [ccp4bb]: protein topology diagram, references for DNA and sugar conformation

Bart Hazes wrote:
> Some 10 years ago or so a program named HERA was released that made topology
> diagrams of proteins. I think you just had to feed it the structure. See
> http://www.biomed2.man.ac.uk/gradschool/bioinf/prot.html

If you have promotif installed, one of the output files is the HERA
topology plot. It is a postscript file with the suffix ".her".

> A quick google search also showed up
> http://stein.bioch.dundee.ac.uk/~charlie/scripts/topdraw.html
> which let's you do it yourself which gives you more control over the final
> looks.

Some people pointed out a broken link on the topdraw page - I've fixed
it now, so please try again if you failed to download topdraw.

Cheers,
Charlie
--
Dr Charles S. Bond        University of Dundee   Tel: +44-1382-348325
Honorary Lecturer               Dow St, Dundee   Fax: +44-1382-345764