Re: [ccp4bb]: arp/warp in ccp4i

Thanks for all the suggestions. Indeed there was an error "bad system
call" in the arp-warp log file, arp-warp quitted first leaving an empty
arp_0.pdb, which confused refmac. We found, as Petrus Hendrik Zwart
pointed out, that the program could not run at all on an Alpha machine
under OSF v4.0, but it ran smoothly on an SGI or another Alpha under OSF
V5.0. I don't know if authors of program were aware of this problem.

The test run on the data set I mentioned was a success. After 15 cycles of
autobuilding with fast mode, 95% of residues of a small 12kDa protein were
built with connectivity index 0.97. I did not provide the sequence for
docking during the arp-warp run, but ran guiSIDE afterward. There are two
molecules per ASU, autobuilding assembled all the residues into 3
chains(A,B,C). However, guiSIDE could fix the sidechains for only one
molecule at a time. I tested two running modes, residue number or chain
ID, but could not get both molecules docked in simultaneously. Am I
missing something here to get it work?

Thanks in advance,

Huiying