[ccp4bb]: New X-ray source? - or Summer silly season?

Hi all.

I received a flyer by mail today which rather enigmatically claims to
announce a "pulsed tunable monochromatic X-ray source" [...]
"equal to a synchrotron at only a fraction of the cost of a beamline"

Essentially no real information about this device is provided,
and the web site belonging to the company http://www.mxisystems.com
gives hardly any more [1].

So I'm just curious.  DId everyone else also receive this teaser?
Anyone have a clue just what this device is or does?
A free electron laser maybe?

[1] Oh, except for the tidbit that this marvel may cost US$2.5Million,
so I guess the 'fraction' of a beamline cost is a on the order of one
third to one half.

--
Ethan A Merritt       merritt@u.washington.edu
Biomolecular Structure Center Box 357742