Re: [ccp4bb]: New X-ray source? - or Summer silly season?

Hi Ethan (and everybody else)

I think everybody here also received the advertisement from MXI Systems.
(This and other mailings have some of us wondering where these companies
obtain their mailing lists and if they paid for the lists.)

When I visited their web site, there was a diagram that showed
an electron gun, whose pulsed beam was deflected by a synchronized laser
pulse, rather than by magnets as in a synchrotron.

I won't expose my ignorance by trying to interpret the performance they
claim for their device.

Happy Friday,
   Dan

* Daniel Anderson, Ph.D.                   *
*                                          *
* Email: dha@mbi.ucla.edu                  *
* Phone: 310-206-3642                      *
* Fax  : 310-206-3914                      *
*                                          *
* Howard Hughes Medical Institute          *
*   and                                    *
* DOE-Molecular Biology Institute          *
* Paul Boyer Hall room 219                 *
* University of California at Los Angeles  *
* For mail: Box 951570                     *
* For UPS, FedEx, etc:                     *
* 611 Charles Young Drive East             *
* Los Angeles, CA 90095-1570               *
* USA                                      *