From: deh22@cornell.edu [mailto:deh22@cornell.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2002 10:09 AM
To: ccp4bb@dl.ac.uk; o-info@origo.imsb.au.dk
Subject: [ccp4bb]: Disulfide bridge

Dear all,

Has anyone ever seen a disulfide bridge that looks something like this:

Cys-S-?-S-Cys

If I force the disulfide bridge, the geometry does not fit the density
at all.  If I let the sulfurs fit into the density correctly, the
geometry does not work for a disulfide, although there is very clear
density between the sulfurs.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Darrell Hurt