Re: [o-info] Re: [ccp4bb]: Disulfide bridge

Thanks for all your quick responses!

Here are a few details (these are unrefined measurements):

S-?-S angle = 94.2
S1-? distance = 2.88 A
S2-? distance = 2.74 A

I purified with a cobalt-affinity column.  That is the only time the
protein had contact with a heavy metal (other than sodium...), so I
doubt it is mercury.

The putative metal position has density showing up in an fo-fc map at a
sigma level greater than 11.

The problem with a metal there is that there are no water molecules
around for coordination.  The cysteines are on the surface of the
protein, but there is no fo-fc density for waters.  It is near (~5 A) an
aromatic ring in a bound inhibitor.

Thanks,
Darrell