[ccp4bb]: SUMMARY: Diffraction images to gif/jpg

Dear All,

Thanks for the many suggestions to my query. The best and most
appropriate answer to my particular problem was kindly given by Graeme
Winter and Harry Powell, using code already present in Mosflm.

Thanks again to everyone.

Regards

David

You can create a (Base64 encoded) Jpeg image from any MOSFLM readable
image, thus:

(Note that this is not documented, and entirely new...)

	MOSFLM => DETECTOR MARCCD
	MOSFLM => IMAGE thisimage_001.mccd
	MOSFLM => XGUI ON
	MOSFLM => GO
	NeoCtrl => CREATE_IMAGE FILENAME thisimage
	NeoCtrl => RETURN
	MOSFLM => EXIT

(outside mosflm)

	> cat thisimage | mimencode -u > this.jpg

You should find that the jpeg you get is sizewise the same as the detector
and should be fairly reasonably contrasted.

ps - this will require a fairly recent release of mosflm...