[ccp4bb]: CCP4 on OS X -- automatic 1-step compilation via Fink in OS 10.2.1: Please test this!

Hi Andy et al:

I've made a few automatic install scripts that enable one-step
installation of EDEN, CCP4 and MOSFLM via fink

So if you have fink installed, just download these *.info files

                   http://chemistry.ucsc.edu/~wgscott/xtal/xtalfink.tgz

and then you must copy them into the appropriate directory, i.e,

% cp  *.info   /sw/fink/dists/local/main/finkinfo/.

then do a fink selfupdate-cvs   to tell fink of their presence.

Then to install programs using a single command:

% fink install eden

% fink install ccp4

% fink install mosflm

Each of these should compile and install in a directory called

/sw/xtal

My idea is to eliminate all the hacking and messing around to get these
to run on OS X v. 10.2.x

I will expand and correct these over the next few days, and also add a
second (mutually exclusive) set to install in /usr/local
for those who would prefer that.

It would be very helpful to me to know if these work properly.  Any
improvements of course are greatly appreciated (the scripts are sort of
clumsy, but have worked in my hands).

If you try this, it shouldn't interfere with your current
installations, since everything goes into /sw/xtal

Many thanks in advance.

Bill Scott

On Wednesday, October 9, 2002, at 01:06 PM, Andy Stewart wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've been trying to compile the CCP4 on OS X as per your web page.
> Unfortunately i'm running into a few problems, and was wondering if
> you could point me in the right direction?
>
> The 'make | tee make.log' crashes out with the following error;
>
> make[1]: *** [scala] Error 1
> make: *** [srcdir] Error 2
>
> I'll attach the make.log file to this email.
>
> So i tried 'make -i | tee make.log2'
>
> This appeared to work fine until i moved on to the next step in the
> process.
> The 'make install >>make.log2'
>
> The following error was produced;
>
> make[2]: [ccp4mapwish] Error 1 (ignored)
> cp: cannot stat `ccp4mapwish': No such file or directory
> make[2]: [install] Error 1 (ignored)
> make[2]: [install] Error 1 (ignored)
> make[2]: [install] Error 1 (ignored)
> ar: creating archive ../lib/dps_index.a
>
> again i'll attach the log files. I'm stuck as what to do next any
> hints or tips would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Andy
>
> <make.log><make.log2>
William G. Scott

Associate Professor
and The Center for the Molecular Biology of RNA
Sinsheimer Laboratories
University of California at Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz, California 95064
USA