Re: [ccp4bb]: dssp to pdb

We use a program called KSDSSP from Conrad Huang at UCSF - this
generates PDB secondary structure records directly from the coordinates,
using the Kabsch and Sander dssp algorithm. You just have to insert the
output into the pdb above the first atom record, and off you go ....

On Thursday, November 7, 2002, at 11:55 , cheom-gil cheong wrote:

> Dear all  :
>
> I am sorry that this is not directly related to ccp4.
> I am using PyMOL and it requires secondary-structure-assigned pdb file
> for the correctly assigned secondary structure.
> I have successfully ran DSSP for the assignment of the secondary
> structure but don't know how to add this information to pdb file.
> Does anyone know how to do?
> Is there any program to do this?
>
> I would really appreciate any suggestions.
>

> Cheom-Gil Cheong

   Laurence H. Pearl

   Section of Structural Biology, Institute of Cancer Research
   Chester Beatty Laboratories,  237 Fulham Road
   London SW3 6JB, UK

   Phone +44-207-970 6045 : Secretary +44-207-970 6046
   FAX   +44-207-970 6051 : E-Mail l.pearl@icr.ac.uk
   " Live Simply and do Serious Things .. " - Dorothy Crowfoot Hodgkin