Re: [ccp4bb]: dssp to pdb

I wanted to compare dssp to stride for a recent structure we have been
working on and found that many of the other solutions provided in Cheom-gil
Cheong's summary did not work for dssp. Ksdssp did not compile within the
window of my patience. The pymol plugin rubor did not appear to solve the
problem of getting the secondary structure information into a pdb file, doss
did not compile either, and sending our freshly obtained coordinates to a
server over an insecure connection seems to be a dubious proposition. I
trust the server but not the middlemen. None, it turns out were easy or
intuitive. Thus, I wrote a perl script to do the task for myself. It is
called dssp2pdb and is easy to install and use on any UNIX box (like dssp
itself but unlike the other options for converting dssp info into pdb
format).

Anyway, the script is available at:

http://keres.colorado.edu/dssp2pdb/

It may not be perfect, so if you notice a bug, let me know.

James