Re: [ccp4bb]: dssp to pdb

 If you want to accurately identify Pi-helices also, use this site:
 http://www.mbfys.lu.se/Services/SecStr/
 Both DSSP has a few problems with Pi-helices which as we and others have
 shown could be important for the function of your protein. STRIDE is
 worse than DSSP in this area.

 	Weaver, T.M (2000) Protein Sci, 9 201-206
 	Fodje, M.N & Al-Karadaghi, S (2002) Protein Eng, 15:5 353-358

 The program is basically an improved implementation of DSSP to correctly
 identify Pi-helices. The output can be pasted at the top of your PDB
 file to be recognized by PyMOL, rasmol, SPDBV etc.  It is not 100% PDB
 format but all the essentials are there for graphical programs plus
 extra information such as helical geometric parameters.

--
Michel N. Fodje

phone: +46 46 222 45 13
email: michel.fodje@mbfys.lu.se