Re: [ccp4bb]: freerflag error in label assignments ??

Sorry to hear about your problems - it is possible that this is a
manifestation of a known bug in CCP4 4.2.1, which is reported on the
CCP4 problems page:

http://www.ccp4.ac.uk/problems.html#4.2.1-libs

along with a fix to mtzlib.f.

If this doesn't fix the priblem then please let me know, preferably
including the script or .def file used to run the program, and the
complete log file up to and including the error message.

Best wishes

Peter.

On Thu, 14 Nov 2002, Jeroen Mesters wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I installed ccp4.4.2.1 with the ccp4i interface on a new linux box
> running suse8.0. Installation seems to be okay. arp_warp and xtalview
> were installed too and can be started up without problems via ccp4i.
> In addition solve 2.02 was installed.
>
> Now, the resolve.mtz can be used as input to mtzdump without problems.
> However, going to ccp4i, using for example freerflag the program bombs
> out with the message FREERFLAG: error in label assingment. This is
> somewhat strange, is it not? It does/should not read the labels from
> my resolve.mtz since it only works with the output from unique which
> terminated properly. Any ideas to what goes wrong exactly are welcome!
> SFTOOLS (via ccp4i) has no problem with the file.
>
> Thanks, JEROEN
> --
> Jeroen Raymundus Mesters, Ph.D.                           Alias Geronimo
> Dept. of Structural Biology and Crystallography,  Institute of Molecular
> Biotechnology, P.O.Box 100 813, D-07708 Jena, Germany.
> Tel: +49-3641-656063, Fax: +49-3641-656062, E-mail: jmesters@imb-jena.de
> http://www.imb-jena.de/www_sbx/home.html
> --
> If you can look into the seeds of time and say
> which grain will grow and which will not - speak then to me    (Macbeth)
> --

Peter J Briggs, pjx@ccp4.ac.uk   Tel: +44 1925 603826
CCP4,           ccp4@ccp4.ac.uk  Fax: +44 1925 603825
                http://www.ccp4.ac.uk/
Daresbury Laboratory, Daresbury, Warrington   WA4 4AD