Re: [ccp4bb]: automated backup

I use Gerard Kleywegt backup shell script. It does incremental backups.

ftp://xray.bmc.uu.se/pub/gerard/omac/daily

He has several useful scripts for doing these sorts of things at

http://xray.bmc.uu.se/%7Egerard/manuals/omac_index.html

Once of the nice things about the shell script is that it is very easy to customize (which I had to do for unusual requirements on OS X).

Then you can simply edit your crontab to tell it when you want to run the script.

Gerard's script takes as an argument the number of days previous you want to back up for (1, 2, etc) so you need to include the full commmand with argument for cron.