[ccp4bb]: Enforcing a sigma(f) cutoff?

Hello,

I have a general question about refinement with refmac5.  I've been
re-solving a protein structure against its structure factors (obtained
from PDB).  One consistent difference between my new structure and the
PDB structure is that the PDB structure uses a sigma(f) cutoff of 0.0,
as seen in the REMARK in the pdb file:

REMARK   3   DATA CUTOFF            (SIGMA(F)) : 0.000

My structure's PDB file, as generated by refmac5, has the line

REMARK   3   DATA CUTOFF            (SIGMA(F)) : NONE

For the life in me I cannot figure out how to enforce a sigma(f) cutoff
in refmac5.  There are some suggestions (in the archives of ccp4bb)
that such a cutoff can introduce artifacts, as the sigma(f) cutoff
disproportionately affects the weaker reflections.  Regardless, I am
suspicious that this cutoff accounts for the slightly higher R and
R-Free values (~ 2%) of my new structure.  Is this a reasonable
interpretation?  If so, how can I enforce a sigma(f) data cutoff?

Thanks,

Mark

Mark DePristo
Ph.D. Candidate