RE: [o-info] RE: [ccp4bb]: Generating surface figures pt. II

Yes, it is possible that you could pull this off in PyMOL, but it wouldn't necessarily be easy.

Essentially what you'd need to do is only "show surface" for atoms on the far side of the pocket.  Atoms on the near side will still be present in the calculation, but their surfaces will not be shown.

Unfortunately, the surface will have a jagged quality to it even after setting surface_quality=1

It seems to me that we need some better tools for specifying exactly which part of a protein surface is shown (pocket vs surface, concave vs. convex, etc.), so please direct brainstorms my way if you have any good ideas about how to do this.  The geometry is easy, it's the proposed user interface that's difficult.

Cheers,

Warren

--
mailto:warren@sunesis.com