[ccp4bb]: UV/VIS spectrophotometer

Dear colleagues,

I hope you will forgive me for this pre-crystallography (even pre-crystal) question.
We are interested in buying a spectrophotometer to measure protein samples prior
to crystallisation.
It should be able to measure spectra (not just single wavelengths) down to at
least 250 nm and be as cheap as possible... We generally measure a 250-300 nm
spectrum as a quality control/concentration indicator.

Please send me details of suppliers, pricing, happiness with equipment and if
known, contact address or agent in Spain.

To minimise off-topic mail on ccp4bb, please answer to me personally. If there
is enough interest and not too much anger about the off-topic post, I will post
a summary of replies.

Mark van Raaij
Dpto de Bioquímica y Biología Molecular
Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad de Santiago
15782 Santiago de Compostela, Spain