Re: [ccp4bb]: Generating surface figures pt. II

Hello,
what you could do is to manually delete those residues that make up the
surface that you don't want to display and then recalculate the surface
with GRASP.
Given your problem, this sounds easiest to me. If you still want to show
the other residues, you can use the complete co-ordinate file for those.
It's probably a bit tedious to select the right residues, but you could do
that with a rasmol window next to GRASP window, e.g.

Otherwise: I don't know whether GRASP calculate difference vectors- if so,
you should be able to select those with a certain direction (e.g. negative
z-component), project onto the corresponding residues and use those for
the surface. Just an idea, I haven't tried myself.

I hope I understood your problem correctly.
Good luck,
Tim

--
You don't sew with a fork, so I see no reason to eat with knitting
needles.