Re: [ccp4bb]: Generating surface figures

On Mon, 27 Jan 2003 phubbard@post.its.mcw.edu wrote:

> I have a GRASP surface file covering a ligand binding cavity, and would
> like to show it overlayed with the ligand. So would like to just show the
> hidden part of the surface (tantamount to a Z-slice/slab, but not since
> the plane is not flat)
>
> I have been using POVSCRIPT/POVRAY.

If I understand the question correctly (it sounds like you just want the
surface rendered around your ligand, not the entire protein), you should
be able to do something like:

set mapradius 5.0, transparency 0.3, maptype 1;
set mapramp from red to blue through white;
drawsurf surf covering in residue 100;

so if your inhibitor is residue 100, it should draw the map named "surf"
only when it falls within 5 angstroms from that residue.  Hope this helps.

	Regards,
	-Tim F

        Tim Fenn
        fenn@brandeis.edu
        Rosenstiel Basic Medical Sciences Research Center
        Brandeis University, Mail Stop 029
        415 South Street
        Waltham, MA 02454
        Phone:  (781) 736-4942