[ccp4bb]: External Harddrive (FireWire) problem

Hello,
We have been using Maxtor FireWire External Harddrive (80GB) to collect and
transport data from synchrotrons. However, we have had two separate drives
fail within a year of original purchase and with few trips to the
synchrotron.
Are we just unlucky in getting a bad batch of Maxtor drives? What has been
the experience of other users? Is there are another manufacturer that is
more reliable? I will appreciate your inputs. Thanks.

Dr. Thayumanasamy Somasundaram [Soma]
P: (850)644-6448	|	E: soma@sb.fsu.edu
F: (850)644-7244	|	W: www.sb.fsu.edu/~soma

Temporary address (Jan '02-Jun '03)	   |	Permanent address

241 Dittmer Laboratory of Chemistry	   |	414 Kasha Laboratory of Biophysics
Dept. of Chemistry & Biochemistry	   |	Institute of Molecular Biophysics
Florida State University		   |	Florida State University
Tallahassee, FL 32306-4390		   |	Tallahassee, FL 32306-4380