[spam] Re: [ccp4bb]: Digital microscope camera

If you are looking to do this for a minimal amount of money, for US$50 you can get a USB intel camera microscope and modify it to fit your microscope as described here:

http://hometown.aol.com/microfab/QX3.HTM

I bought 2 of these for $50 each, one for my kids, and one for the lab. I haven't yet assembled the jig (I am going to design something less ugly), but the quality of the camera is fine, it can take time-lapsed movies as well as stills, and works on mac osx as well as micro$oft platforms.

William G. Scott

Associate Professor
and The Center for the Molecular Biology of RNA
Sinsheimer Laboratories
University of California at Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz, California 95064
USA