Re: [ccp4bb]: Problem in CCP4i job status H031213

Dear Xin

Sorry you're having problems with CCP4i. I'm not sure I quite understand
your setup - are you using CCP4i to run jobs remotely, or is it the case
that everything is being run on the remote server (i.e. gui and
programs) with telnet simply being used to access it?

Either way, in my experience there are generally two reasons why the
status of jobs doesn't get updated:

1. The script (i.e. job) crashes - but it doesn't sound like this is
happening in your case

2. The socket connection sending updates of the status to the interface
from the running job has failed.

If 2) is happening then I would expect that closing the main interface
and then restarting it, should cause the status of the jobs to be
updated appropriately. What happens when you try this?

Either way I'm not sure what the root cause of the problem is. If it
persists then please send me more details - what would be useful is a
logfile from one of the jobs which never updates, and the session log
file (i.e. $HOME/.CCP4/CCP4_session.log on the machine where the
interface is being run) for a CCP4i session where the problem has
occurred.

Best wishes

Peter.