Re: [ccp4bb]: DVD archiving

Over the last 6 months we started using a Pioneer DVR-A04 DVD-R device.
It was a bit flakey with Redhat-7.2 but seems to work with RH-8.0 ok.
We also needed to get the latest version of CD-record
(Cdrecord-ProDVD-Clone 2.0) from Joerg Schilling. This has a software key
that is freely available to academics and you set as an environment variable.
The other thing is that you have to use mkisofs in multipart mode as ext2fs
doesn't support single files greater than 2GB. The DVD's we produce seem to
be compatible with the drives in our laptops etc.

Paul