Re: [ccp4bb]: soluble aggregation of proteins

Dear Janet,

does this protein precipitate after expression and purification, or
already during the expression (i.e. are inclusion bodies formed) ?

If aggregation only happens after concentrating the sample, you might
first want to:

1) centrifuge the sample for more than an hour in order to remove any
protein that has already aggregated.  This aggregated product can catalyze
the formation of more aggregates.  But when these 'seeds' are removed from
the solution, it can be safer to concentrate afterwards

2) change the pH of the solution (far from the pI)

3) work at lower temperatures

Regards,

Filip