Re: [ccp4bb]: low-temp data collection

1. In case you didn't think of mounting in capillaries (otherwise
   skip to 2.):
   Mount from dithionite solution into capillaries using glove box and
   intert athmosphere e.g. nitrogen, no need for stabilization buffer.
   Freeze capillaries in liquid propane.  Works very well.
2. If you work quickly fishing Mb-deoxy crystal from dithionite and freeze it
   air does not make a difference at all (extensive work with deoxy-Mb by
   one colleague from the lab. (V. Srajer) using a microspectrophotometer).
3. only an idea: freeze Mb-deoxy in loop in liquid  nitrogen in glove box. Transfer
   loop in vial filled with liquid nitrogen to cryostream.

Marius

Dr. Marius Schmidt

office:
The University of Chicago