Re: [ccp4bb]: what's the best way to combine the phases from varioussources?

If you believe you need different native datasets to combine with your various
derivatives, then you can't come up with one set of phases. Try to work with
different subsets that each are sufficiently isomorphous. If one subset gives
phases of adequate quality your problem is solved. If not, you could consider
multiple crystal averaging across the maps derived from the various data
subsets.

Bart

On Tue, 26 Jun 2001, Qian Xu wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have many datasets for a protein from various sources, including
> MAD, SIRAS and MIR from different derivatives. Some of them are
> not isomorphous. I am just wondering whether there is any way by which I
> could refine and phase all of these derivatives in one single run of
> MLPHARE? (One problem is that I can't define different "natives" for
> different datasets, which I believe is necessary). If I can't do that,
> what's the best way to combine all of those phases from various sources? I
> know sigmaa can combine two sets of MIR phases. Is there any other program
> which can do this? and anything I ought to know for optimizing phase
> combination?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> regards,
> Qian Xu
> Dept. of Physiology and Biophysics
> Boston Univ. School of Medicine
> Tel: (617)638-4083
> Fax: (617)638-4041
> E-mail: qianxu@bu.edu

Dept. of Medical Microbiology & Immunology
University of Alberta
1-15 Medical Sciences Building
Edmonton, Alberta, T6G 2H7, Canada
phone:	1-780-492-0042