Re: [ccp4bb]: Movies for PowerPoints.

Tony Crofts (mailto:a-crofts@uiuc.edu) recently prepared the same sequence as
an animated gif and an avi movie, from the original chime (~rasmol) script
for his cytochrome bc1 web page:

gif:   http://www.life.uiuc.edu/crofts/bc-complex_site/etp-model_annotated.html
avi:   http://www.life.uiuc.edu/crofts/bc-complex_site/etp-model_annotated.avi
chime: http://www.life.uiuc.edu/crofts/bc1_in_chime/etp_model_struc.html

The gif is 4 MB as compared to almost 7 for the avi, and the gif starts
playing while it is still loading, so seems much faster, at least for a web page.
The CHIME presentation is just the pdb files and some script, so less than
1 MB in this case, but I don't know if you could run chime inside
powerpoint.  I'm sure Tony would be glad to tell you how he made the avi.

--
Edward A. Berry, MailStop 3-250
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory

Phone: +1-510-486-4335
Fax: +1-510-486-6059
Jfax +1-530-323-9836 (you send fax, I receive email)
LBNL Emergency status number: 800-445-5830 - Call after "The Big One"
	to see if the lab slid off into the bay.
e-mail: EABerry@lbl.gov
http://www.lbl.gov/LBL-Programs/pbd/xl_research/scientists/BerryE.htm
http://www.lbl.gov/~berry/
http://www.lbl.gov/~berry/berrygroup.html