Re: [ccp4bb]: Examples of pH affecting ligand conformation wanted

Gerard \"DVD\" Kleywegt wrote:

> Does anybody know of any published example of a case where
> pH affects the observed conformation of a cocrystallised
> ligand ? I.e., the same ligand in complex with the same
> protein assumes different conformations at different pH
> levels.
>
> Replies directly to me please, not to the mailing list(s).
>
> Thanks !!
>
> --Gerard

>                         Gerard J.  Kleywegt
>     [Research Fellow of the Royal  Swedish Academy of Sciences]
> Dept. of Cell & Molecular Biology  University of Uppsala
>                 Biomedical Centre  Box 596
>                 SE-751 24 Uppsala  SWEDEN
>
>     http://xray.bmc.uu.se/gerard/ mailto:gerard@xray.bmc.uu.se
>    The opinions in this message are fictional.  Any similarity
>    to actual opinions, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

have a look at this one:

 pH-dependent binding modes observed in trypsin crystals: Lessons for
structure-based drug design
Stubbs MT, Reyda S, Dullweber F, Moller M, Klebe G, Dorsch D, Mederski
WWKR, Wurziger H
CHEMBIOCHEM
3 (2-3): 246-249 MAR 1 2002

|    Dr. Jens T. Kaiser                |      Phone:
+49-89-8578-2732        |
|    Max-Planck of Biochemistry        |      FAX:
+49-89-8578-3516        |
|    Am Klopferspitz 18a               |      Private:
+49-89-7245-9547        |
|    D-82152 Martinsried               |      Mobile:
+49-160-990-85220       |
kaiser@biochem.mpg.de   |