Re: [ccp4bb]: scripting and python

> Good book?

I am currently working my way through Lutz, Ascher & Willson, Learning
Python (Help for Programmers) in the O'Reilly series.  Two others that
look good and I hope to get to soon are Lutz's Programming Python (2nd
ed, same publ.) and Ascher & Martelli's Python Cookbook, scheduled for
publication by O'Reilly this week (although I have not seen it yet).
LLNL really like python...

Python is said to be a viable alternative to java and perl, though I am
not in a position to judge this.

There are various converters for c 2 python, etc.  But I have not seen a
csh converter.

Other shells like ksh and zsh offer more functionality than tcsh.