Re: [ccp4bb]: summary of sulphate spelling

Title: Re: [ccp4bb]: summary of sulphate spelling
Not meaning a flame, but...

> sulfate (NOT sulphate !!!!!)

The British spell it Sulphate (Sulphur), and they (and also Americans) spelled it that way long before we decided (in the 1970’s?) to spell it exclusively the other way. In reverence for the British roots of crystallography and chemistry, and in light of the actual physical location of CCP4, we should tolerate the flavour of their spelling as much as they tolerate ours.

Lisa
(a chemist)

--
Lisa A. Nagy, Ph. D.