Re: [ccp4bb]: Protein_DNA complex

I have had good luck in picking out some crystals, washing them,
dissolving them in PNK buffer, end labeling them with P-32, and then
separating DNA bands via 18% SDS-PAGE This has proven useful in seeing
single nucleotide differences between the starting DNA and the DNA from
the crystal.

I have also done the same thing with fluorophore labeled DNA
(fluorescene) by scanning the gel with our Bio-Rad Molecular Imaging
system and thus skipped the P-32 step. I just wash the crystals,
dissolve them, load them on the gel and run it.

Matthew Hogg
Lowly Graduate Student
Microbiology and Molecular Genetics
University of Vermont